There are a variety of extraction methods and this may cause some confusion.
The products we sell use the Following:
- Palmetto Harmony- "proprietary extraction method"
- Medterra, Hemp Bombs, Cannazall-- CO2 extraction
- Lazarus Naturals -- Alcohol extraction
CO2 extraction method
- At high pressures, and low temps, co2 acts like a solvent and extracts CBD from the plant.
- co2 is safe
- pure product is created
- less chance from contamination
- extracts full range of cannabinoids
- also extracts chlorophyll which can cause unpleasant taste, filtering chlorophyll removes some of the potency
- it is possible that it may contain chlorophyll or contaminants
Olive Oil Extraction
- Easy to do at home
- Low yields
- Butane is mildly toxic, can cause some issues and I will not recommend this method of extraction. I don't know of and cannot find any companies that use this method.